Red velvet pancakes look super gorgeous with cream white sauce and especially, I just adore red velvet very much.
Basically, I love to eat pancakes in my breakfast as they are also one of my favorite breakfast foods. Pancakes are so delicious and have so many variations of taste that ensures my versatile tasting experience in the morning breakfast as well.
But I love the velvet pancakes with cream cheese glaze the most. They look super delicious and beautiful on the table. Even, the velvet pancakes are the perfect fit for any celebration as well.
And not to mention – the possibilities are endless when you are making the deliciously healthy pancakes from scratch. One of the beautiful things about pancakes is that there are so many different flavors of pancakes that you can enjoy so easily.
How To Make Red Velvet Fluffy Pancakes
To mimic red velvet cake – these super delicious pancakes are finished with cream cheese. Red velvet pancakes are ideal for holidays and they are totally gorgeous as well. They are super easy to make as you just need the required ingredients, a hand mixer and a griddle for pancakes, that’s it. Serve the pancakes immediately to enjoy the best taste out of it or, you can keep them warm in an oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for later.
- Hand mixer, or blander
- Pan or griddle
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp red food coloring
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 recipe cream cheese glaze
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of salted butter – melted
- Optional: Fresh mint leaves and raspberries for garnish
FOR CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp soften butter
- ½ cup milk, plus more if you wish
- 6 ounces cheese – softened
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl – whisk together baking soda, cocoa powder, baking powder, flour, and salt. Mix vinegar and milk into a liquid measuring cup and rest for 2 minutes. Preheat your electric griddle over 350 degrees Fahrenheit or if you are using a heavy cast-iron or non-stick griddle – heat it on medium-low heat. You may need to oil the surface with a cooking spray or butter (if you are using a non-stick griddle like me – then you don’t need to oil the pan).
- Now in a separate large mixing bowl and add red food coloring, sugar, melted butter, eggs and pour the milk mixture – and whisk until combined totally. Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients while whisking and mix them until combined completely.
- Take a measuring cup and pour 1/3 cup of batter onto the griddle (you can also pour ¼ cup of batter – depending on how large or small you want your pancakes). Make sure the griddle is hot enough to get the fluffiest pancakes. You can also spoon the batter to lightly spread from the center to the edge a little – as it ensures that the pancakes are not thicker in the center than edges.
- Now cook the pancakes for about 3 minutes or until you see bubbles on the edges. Flip and cook for another 90 seconds or until they turned golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter. At this point – you need to oil the surface of the pan and adjust the heat temperature (I generally reduce the heat from medium to medium-low heat and I always get fluffy pancakes).
- Serve the beautiful and deliciously healthy red velvet pancakes immediately to enjoy the best out of it. Or, keep the pancakes warm in an oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for later. Serve the pancakes with cream cheese glaze and if you desire – garnish with fresh mint leaves and raspberries.
- For cream cheese glaze: Add the cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl. Now use an electric hand mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until combined totally and fluffy.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients in the mixing bowl and blend for 1 minute. You may add extra milk to thin the mixture if you want to. Use an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator.
I hope you liked the red velvet pancakes with cream cheese glaze and now you know how to make the pancakes super gorgeous and deliciously healthy. And if you have made the pancakes – please share with me how it turned out!
And if you have any problems, suggestions, or opinions – then please let me know and it would be an honor to help amazing people like you guys.
Recent Food Topics:
Share this page with friends and family